It couldn’t be simpler
On Fri 9th and Sat 10th October –
1) When 10pm curfew comes, observe the rules and get your customers out.
2) Switch off your venue’s lights as normal.
3) Get your smartphone video camera ready.
4) Flash your venue’s lights on and off in the SOS pattern:
5) Share the video on social media using the hashtag #KeepTheLightsOn and tag your MP and local media
You will be sending a strong message locally and nationally.
Some venues have already joined in. See below for examples of campaign videos shared on social media last weekend.
Lussmanns– St Albans, Herts
Lussmanns is a renowned restaurant serving ethically sourced, seasonal food in St Albans and some other locations around Hertfordshire. A flagship for the local community that itself is famous for independent businesses. Click below to see their video.
London Inn – Okehampton, Devon
On the doorstep of Dartmoor, the London Inn is a stunning building and as it flashed its SOS message it looked even more grand and surely impossible to ignore. Click below to see the video.
I’m joining the campaign to #KeepTheLightsOn!
Let us know that you’re taking part so we can share your tweets and ‘grams to the nation.